The Ace Has Been Caught!
The week 20 winning ticket number was # 01136 purchased by Leanne Cullen. Leanne chose Envelope #36, which contained the Ace of Spades, and won the Weekly Prize of $5,866.00 plus the Progressive Jackpot of $71,302.50 for a total winning of $77,168.50. Congratulations!!!
This third Goderich Catch the Ace draw was a huge success. We sold a total of $237,675.00 worth of tickets, of which $47,535.00 went to our weekly draw winners, and the other $118,837.50 will be re-invested back into our community through the Goderich Knights of Columbus, the Goderich Legion and the Goderich Kinsmen.
The three combined Goderich Catch the Ace Raffles have awarded $307,425.00 to draw winners and raised another $307,425.00 for the community!
Thank you to all of our supporters over the past 20 weeks!
STAY TUNED FOR INFORMATION ON OUR NEXT DRAW!
June 9, 2023
May 12th 2023
FINDING THE ACE IS WORTH AN ESTIMATED
Ticket Sale Locations
Catch Ace Tickets $5.00
- Online Sales: Click Here To Purchase Now
- Canadian Tire Gas Bar
- Val’s Beauty Salon
- Cravings on the Square
- Goderich Legion
- Goderich Knights of Columbus Hall Office
- Goderich Kinsmen Members
- Blake Street Bakery
New Draw Every Week!
Calendar of Draws
Regular draws will be held every Friday at 7:00pm until the Ace of Spades is found.
Catch the Ace Rules
- Tickets may be purchased by individuals 18 years or older and located in the Province of Ontario at the time of purchase.
- Ticket orders are not solicited or accepted from persons outside Ontario.
The vendor and purchaser of raffle tickets must both be physically present in Ontario at the time the sale takes place.
- Tickets are $5.00 each. Some credit and debit cards are accepted as payment when purchasing tickets online at www.goderichcatchtheace.ca
- Tickets are only valid for the draw held during the week they were purchased (Except for start ups or exceptional circumstances). The week for “In Person Paper Ticket Sales” begins immediately following the weekly draw at 7:00 PM each Friday, when a new series of ticket numbers are made available, and paper tickets last until 12:01 AM the following Friday. (Online ticket sales cease at 12:01 AM each Friday and resume sales at 9:00 PM each Friday).
- For in-person purchase of paper tickets, the purchaser must:
1. Fill in the ticket, including name, contact information and one (1) envelope number (per ticket). Enter a valid envelope number (1 to 52) from the list of available numbers on display at the sales location.
2. Ensure the ticket is filled out completely and legibly.
- For on-line purchase of e-tickets, the purchaser must:
1. Enter details, including name, email, contact information and one (1) envelope number. Select a valid envelope number (1 to 52) from the list of available numbers on the dropdown list.
2. Complete the secure payment process using a valid credit or debit card.
- Ticket holders DO NOT need to be present at the draw to win.
- Details (name of purchaser, contact information and envelope # selected) of tickets purchased on-line will be printed onto paper of the identical size, stock and weight as tickets used for in person sales and entered into the draw.
- The draw will take place each Friday at 7:00 PM at the Goderich Legion located at Kingston Street in Goderich, Ontario.  One ticket will be randomly drawn by a Catch the Ace Committee member from all tickets sold that week (both in-person and on-line sales). The envelope number shown on the ticket will be opened.
- The amount of the weekly draw prize and the progressive jackpot will be announced prior to each draw.
Distribution of weekly ticket sales revenue is as follows:
1. 20% to the winning weekly ticket holder;
2. 30% will be added to the progressive jackpot;
3. 50% will go to the Goderich Knights of Columbus, Council 5420, to be distributed for charitable purposes.
- The weekly winning ticket holder will win 20% of the weekly ticket sales, and the chance to win the current Catch the Ace jackpot.
- If the drawn ticket does not have an envelope number or has an invalid number, the Catch the Ace Committee or designate will make one (1) attempt to contact the ticket holder at the phone number indicated on the ticket. The ticket holder will be asked to select a number from the remaining envelope numbers available and that card will be revealed. If unsuccessful in contacting the holder, the lowest remaining envelope number will be selected by the Catch the Ace Committee.
- The winning ticket holder will be notified by phone and advised when and where they can claim their prize. Photo identification will be required to claim any prize. All prizes will be paid by cheque, in Canadian funds, to the person named on the winning ticket.
- If the envelope selected contains the Ace of Spades, the ticket holder receives the amount in the Catch the Ace progressive jackpot. This will conclude the series of draws for this raffle. If the envelope selected does not contain the Ace of Spades, the card will be destroyed, and the envelope number is removed from the subsequent draws. The progressive jackpot of this draw will be seeded with $10,000. If the Ace of Spades is caught before the progressive jackpot has reached $10,000, the winner who caught the Ace of Spades will receive $10,000. Once the progressive jackpot has reached $10,000, if the Ace of Spades is caught, the winner will receive 30% of the total ticket sales only. The $10,000 seeded amount becomes null and void at this point. The progressive pot will continue to grow weekly by 30% of the total ticket sales, until the Ace is caught.
- All draws will be video recorded to ensure raffle integrity. This includes the drawing of the ticket, selection of the envelope, opening the envelope and revealing the card, and destruction of the card.
- All members of the Goderich Catch the Ace committee are not permitted to purchase tickets.
- Any winner who is paid a prize agrees to grant to the Goderich Catch the Ace Committee, an irrevocable right to publish, through all types of media broadcasting, including the internet, for the purposes of promoting the win, their full name, hometown and photograph without any claim for broadcasting, printing or other rights. The winner who is paid a prize also gives to the Goderich Catch the Ace Committee the right to publish any additional information that they voluntarily provide. The winner shall have no claim against the Goderich Catch the Ace Committee, for invasion of privacy or any other ground(s) by reason of the publication or broadcasting of their name, hometown or photograph or information voluntarily provided by the winner.
- The winner will provide their full name, address and phone number to the Goderich Catch the Ace Committee, for reporting requirements to AGCO. The address and phone number will NOT be made public.
- Results of the draw will be posted on the website at www.goderichcatchtheace.ca and on various social media pages as determined by the Goderich Catch the Ace Committee. Once the Ace of Spades is revealed, the game is concluded, and AGCO is notified immediately.
- The raffle will be run until the Ace of Spades has been revealed.
- This raffle operates under the terms and conditions of AGCO.
- The Goderich Knights of Columbus Council 5420 acknowledges that as per AGCO regulations and that as the licensee, it has the final decision on how funds will be distributed amongst the eligible charities.
- The Goderich Catch the Ace Committee reserves the right to prohibit or refuse ticket sales to any individual.
- The jackpot and weekly win estimates are just that…estimates. The Goderich Catch the Ace Committee may use graphs and calculations based on previous performance and sales to set estimated jackpot and weekly win amounts; however, they are best estimates only and the actual figures only will be redeemed.
- If it is deemed necessary by the Goderich Catch the Ace Committee to move the draw to another location, AGCO will be notified of the location change. The public will also be informed using social media and local signage. Alternatives to the Goderich Legion, Branch 109 Kingston Street Goderich, include the Kinsman Center, Keays Street Goderich, the Columbus Center, Parsons Court Goderich or a location deemed appropriate by both AGCO and the Goderich Knights of Columbus.
The Ontario Problem Gambling telephone number is: 1-888-230-3505
DATED: April 30th, 2023
Buy your Catch the Ace Tickets Online
Please select your envelope number(s) from the Available Envelope Control Sheet and enter your selection in the Envelope No. box. If purchasing multiple tickets and want separate envelope number for each ticket, enter all envelope numbers.
Weekly Winner Update
Week 4: Ticket #00469 was purchased by Glenda Chaput. Glenda chose envelope # 18 which contained the Nine of Diamonds, and won the weekly prize of $1,161. Congratulations!
What is Catch the Ace
Catch the Ace Lottery is a Progressive Lottery.
Each week tickets are sold for the opportunity to select the Ace of Spades from a deck of 52 regular playing cards. Prior to the draw, each of the 52 playing cards were placed in brown envelopes. The envelopes were shuffled and numbered 1 to 52.
When tickets are purchased the buyer chooses an envelope number from a list of available numbers, then enters the number on their ticket.
Each week one ticket is drawn. The holder of that ticket automatically wins 20% of that week’s sales. The envelope number noted on the ticket is opened. If the card inside is not the Ace of Spades the card is destroyed and is no longer available for future draws. If the envelope selected is the Ace of Spades then the lottery is finished and the ticket holder wins the weekly prize plus the Ace of Spades pot.
Each week the Ace of Spades progressive pot grows by 30% of the weekly sales.
Each week the lucky winner of the draw receives 20% of the weekly sales.
Weekly Draw Recording
Draw Preparation Steps